Mission, Vision and Values
The art farm's mission
To create positive change in people and communities--through a combination of cutting edge arts and nature-driven programming.
The art farm's vision
That all people have access to the time, space, inspiration, skills and resources they need to create positive and powerful change in their lives and communities.
The art farm's mandate
1) produce innovative integrated art works inspired by and/or in collaboration with the natural world,
2) generate new ideas and solutions to social and environmental issues through dialogue, reflection and collaboration between artists, nature-based artisans and change-making professionals, and
3) educate and inspire the general public by disseminating these new art works, ideas and solutions through initiatives, workshops, residencies, festivals, tours and productions.
The art farm's values
equality & respect
community & collaboration
sustainability & accountability
creativity & passion
deer crossing the art farm:
- is committed to sustaining its environment, its operations, its finances, its staff, its volunteers, its collaborators and its visitors – and growing in balance with all these factors.
- aims for 100% accountability of all resources (natural and manufactured) using specific concrete measures whenever possible.
- encourages positive and unique collaborative relationships by maintaining an enjoyable work-sharing environment that is accessible to people from all backgrounds.
- is run by a solid, passionate team grounded by a clear vision, comprised of staff, board members and volunteers, with a transparent decision making process that is always open to new ideas and solutions.
- provides safe, clean and comfortable accommodations, a working infrastructure and innovative spaces for collaborators and audiences that both preserve and enhance our natural environment.
- is aware and respectful of the rich history of it